AC Repair & Maintenance in Bend
30+ Years Serving Central Oregon
At Ponderosa Heating & Cooling, we strive to provide the best possible value for our customers. This means that we make our recommendations for products and services based on your needs and your budget, not on what will best benefit our bottom line.
We have been exceeding our customers' expectations since 1988, handling everything from minor air conditioner repairs to ongoing AC tune-ups, and everything in between. No matter what time of day it is or what type of air conditioning service you need, give our office a call and we will get a technician out to you so that you can stay cool.
Call us at (541) 204-2775 today for emergency AC repairs throughout Bend & Central OR!
When to Schedule AC Repairs
AC Repair Specialists in Bend and Central Oregon
Some AC problems—like if your unit won’t turn on—are obvious. Other issues, however, can be harder to spot. You may have noticed a seemingly minor problem with your cooling system, but aren’t sure whether or not you should call a professional for service. Knowing when to schedule routine AC maintenance is important, as issues that start out small can develop into major problems when left unaddressed.
It’s a good idea to call an AC repair technician if you notice any of the following issues:
- Skyrocketing energy bills
- Unusual sounds coming from the AC unit
- Uneven cooling throughout your home
- Unpleasant smells emitting from the AC
- Signs of water or Freon leaks
- AC only blows warm/hot air
- Dramatically reduced air flow
- Uncomfortable humidity levels in your home
- Frequent, recurring problems
- The system is more than 10 years old
If you’re experiencing any of the above issues or any other unusual problems with your air conditioning system, contact Ponderosa Heating & Cooling as soon as possible. We can quickly and correctly diagnose the source of the issue and make our honest, professional recommendations for repair or replacement.
Why Schedule Ongoing Air Conditioner Maintenance?
One of the services that we recommend to all our customers is our Precision Tune-Up. When you buy a car, you probably expect to have a tune-up done periodically, according to the manufacturer’s specifications—even if you do everything you can to minimize wear and tear. Well, just like your car, your Bend air conditioning system is a complex piece of machinery that requires a regular tune-up for peak performance.
How Our Precision Tune-Up Saves You Money
Precision Tune-Ups help you save money in two ways.
- First, they help prevent the need for substantial repairs, which can be very expensive.
- Second, they make your equipment more efficient so that you pay less in utility costs.
Our service technicians are trained to identify potential problems with your cooling system and will do everything they can to fix them. At the very least, you can be assured that they will perform the following services.
What Does an AC Tune-Up Include?
A typical AC tune-up generally includes a complete clean of your unit's condenser coils, a check of your coolant levels, a full thermostat calibration, inspection of your ducts, inspection and tightening of any lost electrical connections, and an evaluation of the blower belt and motor.
At Ponderosa Heating & Cooling, we don't stop at what's expected. At $149 per piece of equipment, our Precision Tune-Ups are tough to beat. For additional savings, you can check out our customer care plans, some of which include regular maintenance checks.
Our Precision Tune-Up includes (but is not limited to):
- Clean and adjust blower components
- Tighten electrical connections
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check thermostat operation
- Clean condenser/evaporator coils (if accessible)
- Test safeties
- Clean or replace standard filters
- Clean condensate drains
- Measure temperature drop against coil/furnace
- Clean/check the heat exchanger
- Clean/adjust burners
- Check amp draws
- Clean indoor/outdoor equipment cabinets