Redmond residents trust Ponderosa Heating & Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical for professional furnace services at competitive rates. Our Redmond furnace repair team is prompt, knowledgeable, and experienced with both gas and electric furnaces across a variety of brands. If your furnace isn’t working as well as it used to, isn’t working at all, or if it is simply time to make your annual furnace maintenance appointment, now is the time to call us!
Schedule a furnace repair appointment if you have noticed any of the following:
- Furnace smells bad when it runs
- Furnace won’t turn on
- Furnace frequently turns on and off for short cycles
- Heating bills have increased, but your home still isn’t warm enough
Why Does My Furnace Smell?
If your furnace is emitting an unusual smell, you shouldn’t ignore it. A smell coming from your furnace may mean that there’s something wrong that could compromise your safety. As soon as you notice something off, be sure to turn off your furnace and call Ponderosa Heating & Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical for service. We’ll be there promptly to help you with a solution.
Common furnace smells include:
- Burning metal / electrical burning smell – your furnace is overheating and should be shut off immediately. Left untended, your furnace could start a fire in your home.
- Burning plastic smell – a plastic component may have fallen onto a hot surface and begun to burn. This is a sign of deterioration and your furnace should be inspected and serviced.
- Sulfur / natural gas smell – if you have a gas furnace, this may indicate a toxic gas leak. Immediately shut off the furnace, move outside to fresh air, and call your local gas company and your furnace repair company.
- Burning hair smell – this is a normal smell that can occur after turning on your furnace for the first time of the season. This smell should dissipate fairly quickly and isn’t a cause for alarm.
To schedule an appointment for furnace repair in Redmond, call Ponderosa today at 541-204-2775.